Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Zwartboek (The Black Book)

Two bad movies in a row and I have to start thinking that we are seeing too many movies. Would I rather see a bad film than no film? My instinct is to say , "no" but history doesn't lie, and I think I knew that The Lookout was going to be bad and I think I knew that this was going to be bad and we went anyway. How many times have I been surprised by low expectations with a good outcome? About 5 in the last 2 years. Not very good odds.

This was unrealistic drivel, and completely over the top and the fact that this guy directed Showgirls shouldn't be a surprise. He's a pervert (and not in any interesting way) and a sensationalist. I was thinking that Total Recall was enjoyable compared to this, but then I remembered that Total Recall is a P.K. Dick story and P.K. is great. This guy is not. I half expected the three-boobed Martian prostitute to pop into the picture at some point. Would have made as much sense as the cauldron of shit scene.

Well, the one thing this movie has going for it is that it has inspired the most links in any one post yet. I think I would have preferred not see this movie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uhm, I liked that it was in Dutch.