Thursday, December 13, 2007

Revolver

The two movies that come to mind when I think of Guy Ritchie are Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, which I liked and Snatch, which I liked, but not as much. He does fast-paced mystery/crime/dramas with weird camera angles, zoom-in, slow-mo, tricky twisty plots and usually they are smart and keep you guessing. I enjoy this.

Revolver tried to be all those things, with a little bit of weird thrown in. Wait. A lot of weird. The end is weird. But it didn't quite make it. The plot wasn't as smart as I expected. Some big plot holes and pretty formulaic story. The worst thing is that I guessed the big surprise at the end about half-way through and was so disappointed when they revealed the big twist that that was it, that I almost didn't care about how weird the end was.

No comments: