Wednesday, July 18, 2007

L'Iceberg

A woman becomes obsessed with icebergs. Why? I won't tell you. She drops everything and leaves on a quest to sate her insatiable desire to be near (on?) an iceberg. What does she find and how? I won't say. There is little dialog and a large amount of somewhat whimsical slapstick humor (in a style reminiscent of Jacques Tati, Marcel Marceau and others) and it is brilliantly executed, which that is why the movie works so wonderfully well. There are some outright belly-laughs and some more subtle, weird humor, but it was the physical comedy which won me over. Highlights are: Fiona under the sheets, the dad and kids with the butter, the man dancing at his party and the senior citizens with their umbrellas. Intrigued? You should be. Go see this.

2 comments:

Gibson-US said...

This film is the definition of "Quirky." I love quirky films. Seemed very innocent and amateurish which worked for what they were doing. Strange things happen in this movie all the time. I love strange things.

Logos Mori said...

Thanks for commenting, Gibson! This was one of our more successful 'Movie Nights with the Holubs', if I do say so myself.